“What six of them saw” is a project from 1971 produced by the International fund for Concerned Photography and was funded by ‘modest grants’ and the financial support of the PR Company Ruder and Finn (David Finn was closely connected to the Fund and he was on the original board of the ICP in… Continue reading What six of them saw. . .
Tag: ICP history
Happy Birthday ICP
On the evening of November 15th 1974 the International Center of Photography opened its doors for the first time to for an exhibition. . November 16th 1974 was declared to be “International Center of Photography Day” by then New York City Mayor Abraham D. Beame, this was a proclamation made again by Mayor Rudy Giuliani… Continue reading Happy Birthday ICP
We passed upon the stair. . .
ICP Staff Photograph from 1981 or 1982 . Taken upon the staircase of the Willard D. Straight House (1130 Fifth Avenue, at East 94th Street on the northeast corner). Staff Atlas from the 1981 image John Abrams, Technical Assistant Gideon deMargitay, Planning Consultant Keith Spradlin, Bookkeeper ?? ?? Bedrich Grunzweig, Administrative Associate (volunteer) Anne White,… Continue reading We passed upon the stair. . .