Printed Matter presents their ninth annual New York Art Book Fair from Friday, September 26 to Sunday September 28, 2014 at MOMA PS1 in Long Island City, Queens.
Free and open to the public, the NY Art Book Fair is the world’s premier event for artists’ books, catalogs, monographs, periodicals, and zines. This year, the fair features over 350 booksellers, antiquarians, artists, institutions and independent publishers from twenty-eight countries.
ICP is proud to have many students, current and former staff and faculty, affiliated groups and alumni exhibiting at the fair and participating in events during the weekend. Here’s a guide to our folks at the fair and if you can’t make it in person be sure to follow ICP on Instagram @icp for pics.
- Morten Andersen/Shadowlab (PJ ’91) is part of the Norway Focus: KUNSTNERBØKER exhibition
- bookdummypress /bdp studio’s Victor Sira (ICP-Bard MFA faculty and PJ ’91) and Shiori Kawasaki (PJ ’07) are at Table N02
- 10×10 Japanese Photobooks – co-sponsored by the ICP Library – will be selling the latest catalogue at ARTHUR FOURNIER fine & rare and is located on the first floor in gallery I-01 – http://www.10x10photobooks.org/
- Secretary Press’ Libby Pratt (MFA ’12) and Michi Jigarjian (GS ’09, MFA ’12) are at the ICP/Bard MFA table
- Conveyor Editions’ Jason Burstein and Christina Labey are at table W06
- Flemming Ove Bech (GS ’09) is at the Lodret Vandret table
ICP at NY Art Book Fair Events
- 9/27 at 12pm: Here and Now, MFA faculty member and ICP curator Christopher Phillips speaks with Ishiuchi Miyako and Linda Hoaglund in The Classroom
- 9/27 at 2pm: Photo Meets Text panel organized by ICP Librarian and Archivist Matthew Carson at the Contemporary Artists’ Books Conference
- 9/28 at 1pm: Printed Web #2 discussion with contributing artists including Daniel Temkin (MFA ’12) in The Classroom
- 9/28 at 2pm: Faculty member Jem Cohen in conversation with Sadie Benning moderated by Andrew Lampert in the PS1 MOMA Basement Theater
ICP at NY Art Book Fair Book Signings
- 9/26 at 4pm, G03: Signing of Jesus Days with Greg Reynolds. Presented by Bywater Bros.
- 9/26 at 5pm, D: – Norway Focus Signing with Morten Andersen. Presented by Morten Andersen / Shadowlab.
- 9/27 at 2pm, A39: Signing of Internet Directory by Daniel Temkin (MFA ’12) published by AND.
- 9/27 at 3pm, W06: Signing of Half Wild by Peter Happel Christian published by Conveyor Editions an essay by Liz Sales (MFA ’10)